Sunday, November 21, 2010

Moving

Deciding to move was one of the hardest decisions I've ever made, but I think it was the smartest one. Where I'm living in NC is about 12 hours away from West Bloomfield, MI. The weather is gorgeous and all the people are too friendly for words. They are also very nosey, but it's something I'm getting used to. The social life is still non existent, but it's getting there. I've only been here for 3 months, but I'm learning to like it. I've had more luck with being in schools since I've graduated. I'm at my 4th school and 5th grade.. only one more to go and I'll have experienced all the elementary grades. I have a pretty good chance of having my own classroom next year, and for that I'm quite excited.

People think I moved because of all the drama going on at home.. honestly... really? just pack up and move 12 hours away to escape it? You can never escape it, it follows you everywhere if it's not solved. I moved because I needed a change, I needed something good to happen in my life, I needed to find work... I needed this. This was for me, not for anyone else. I am grateful for those friends who have kept in touch with me throughout this hard move.

No comments:

Post a Comment