Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Windy City Organics Review

Windy City Organics is a family owned company in Northbrook, Il. (I've been there, my cousins live in a neighboring suburb). They specialize in raw-vegan-and organic snacks and foods. They are NON-GMO and soy free. Their ambition " produce and share unique, delicious, and incredibly pure products with the world". I was sent 5 samples of one of their brands Dastony. Dastony is a line of nut and seed butters. Dastony uses an ancient method known as stone grinding I was sent:
Almond Butter
Sprouted Pumpkin Seed Butter
Cashew Butter
Coconut Butter
and Sesame Seed Butter
They also make a middle eastern treat called "Halvah" and they have chocolate and vanilla flavors.



I apologize the cashew butter's picture didn't come out :/

So far I have tried the Almond and the Sprouted Pumpkin Seed Butter. I really enjoy the Sprouted Pumpkin Seed butter. You can really taste the pumpkin seed. It's truly wonderful. You can use it as a dip, or you can use your finger (as I do). The Almond butter is creamy and only the finest almonds are used. I'll be honest, I've never tried anything like this before and I'm glad I had the chance. These butters are great (so far)!

On each of the jars it says: "Originally used for turning olives into luscious and delicious olive oil, stone-grinding applies pressure with powerful, perfectly smooth granite wheels. Although "old world" in its approach, it is revolutionary in terms of preserving nutrients and flavor" For the Almond Butter it lets the buyer know that only the finest almonds are used, and same with the Cashew -- only the finest cashews and so forth.
Dastony has a shelf life of 12 months. You don't have to put it in the refrigerator after opening either. 100% dairy free -- ingredients are sourced from fair trade small farms.
The other brands that Windy City Organics offer are:
RawMio
RawGuru
Sprout Living
Rawtella
and SunBiotics
Click on each brand to learn more.
If I had to pick, I would love to try the Rawtella and RawMio products!

Find Windy City Organics on Facebook, or just visit their website!
If you are unsure about one of their products and want to learn more, if you go to Abe's Market, they have questions and answers about the products as well!

Disclosure: The reviews and or opinions on this blog are my own opinions . No monitory compensation was received. I was not required to write a positive review. Your experience may differ. The opinions I have expressed are my own I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commissions 16 CFR Part

No comments:

Post a Comment