Monday, January 27, 2014

North Fork Chips Review


"We know potatoes! To get a crunchier, thicker, addictively tasty potato chip, we had to do a few things differently: First off, we’re lucky to have great soil here in the North Fork, which means our potatoes have a field-fresh sweetness to them. We always cut them twice as thick for a more hearty potato flavor. Then we “kettle cook” the potatoes which makes them extra crunchy. Finally, we only cook with real sunflower oil and salt. And nothing else. Your search for the perfect chip is over… start crunching! Enjoy, The Sidor Family." Read the rest of the story on how these chips came about here.

My boyfriend and I love chips, and we love trying chips we've never heard before. When I came across North Fork Chips, what grabbed my attention first was the packaging. Each flavor is a different bright color! I like Kettle Chips, and asked to try them and was sent some snack sized bags :)

I had the bbq chips for lunch today. They were so tasty! They weren't too spicy either which is good. I like biting into each chip and hearing a crunch while enjoying the great flavor. It's a Texas style bbq chip made with onion, garlic, vinegar and paprika -- a touch of molasses, sugar and tomato.
Cheddar/Onion. I am packing this in my lunch for tomorrow. I did however take a sneak taste. The cheddar is amazing and you can taste bits of onion as well. It's made with sharp cheddar cheese!
All natural -- no preservatives, cholesterol, or trans fat.
Rosemary & Garlic- Have yet to try this one... this will probably be a Wednesday snack at lunch. Nice fact about this chip though "Fitness magazine gave it the “Healthy Food” award because it “delivers a ‘big, smoky taste’ but has about a third less fat than regular potato chips”.. I'm definitely excited to try this flavor out!
Salt and Vinegar was the first bag we tried. My boyfriend ate most of it though. Very tasty. Both the flavors even themselves out!
Sour Cream and Onion is by far my favorite. The flavor does not over power the chips like other brands do. You can enjoy each and every bite.
Sweet Potato-- haven't tried this one yet either, but I love sweet potato chips, so I'm sure they will taste great. There is no seasoning or salt added!



Their Nutritional Value states " Compared with most chips, our Kettle Cooked potato chips are much healthier. We cook them strictly with sunflower oil and a salt. That’s it. So they’re all natural, with no additives, preservatives, trans-fats or cholesterol. And every flavor but Barbeque is Gluten free.".

North Fork Chips were featured in Fitness Magazine and on the Rachael Ray Show!


They are incredibly good and worth a tasting! You can order them online by clicking here. Find them on Facebook, and Twitter.


Disclosure: The reviews and or opinions on this blog are my own opinions . No monitory compensation was received. I was not required to write a positive review. Your experience may differ. The opinions I have expressed are my own I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commissions 16 CFR Part

No comments:

Post a Comment