Tuesday, February 4, 2014

MLA Gourmet Cookies Review

My favorite desserts are cookies and apple pie. I was searching through gourmet cookies and I ran across MLA Gourmet and asked to try, and was sent some of their cookies! Here's the story behind MlA Gourmet:
"Monique L. Armstrong was a young teen when she discovered the joys of baking. After trying her hand at baking cookies, pies and cakes she settled on the chocolate chip cookie. At first she used the recipe on the chocolate chip bag, but Monique believed she could improve on that basic recipe and develop her own unique soft-baked chocolate chip cookie.
The Christmas she was 14, Monique sent a dozen of her chocolate chip cookies to her great aunt Virginia Westbrook (1916-2011), and that was the beginning of a yearly tradition. Aunt Virginia loved the cookies. Sometimes she would place orders for them for herself or her friends. In the latter years, Monique would simply think of Aunt Virginia as she was filling orders, and she would send her a dozen.
Later, Monique would send cookies to her graphic design clients as a special Thank You at the holidays. MLA Gourmet grew out of this tradition and was founded in 2008 to offer a fresh, all-natural, and delicious alternative to store bought cookies. She continues to develop premium versions of traditional recipes like Chocolate Chip as well as one-of-a-kind creations like Absinthe Herb Biscotti.
Monique believes that if you want to indulge your sweet tooth the treat should be worth it. A bland processed cookie filled with artificial ingredients is not worth it; a delicious MLA Gourmet cookie made with pure ingredients and gourmet touches like rum soaked cherries, fresh grated spices and real butter is."


If you haven't figured it out yet.. MLA stands for creator "Monique L. Armstrong". I've only emailed back and forth with her, but she seems very nice, and makes very yummy cookies! First take a look at the box they came in. So pretty! I am saving it for a special occasion.
And now let's introduce the cookies I received:

Mochaccino Chocolate Chip: triple chocolate, loaded with rich Ghiradelli dark chocolate, creamy white chocolate, and real coffee... = amazing. Each pack has three cookies in it... I tried it first, and then was going to put just 1 in my lunch, and ended up having both of them. A real treat.
Nutty Chocolate Chip: Ghiradelli chocolate/pecans and almonds. This is the first cookie that my boyfriend and I tried. His first comments "this is really good"... my first comments "this is really good".. we each had one.. and then we split the third.
Oatmeal Raisin: fresh cinnamon, ginger, cloves, nutmeg, raisins. This cookie is my boyfriends favorite. I saved it for when we went away this past weekend. After dinner on Friday night we came back to the hotel, and I surprised him with this cookie. His smile was a wide one. He pretty much ate all three of them, he shared a little with me!
Original Chocolate Chip: semi sweet Ghiradelli Chocolate. MMMMM Yummy!!!! each and every bite is so tasty! I'm sad that I already ate them all.
Rum Cherry Chocolate Chip: Dark Ghiradelli chocolate and sweet tangy cherries that are soaked overnight in Bacardi Gold Rum. This was the only one that I wasn't a fan of. I'm not a Cherry or Rum girl.

MLA also offers Absinthe Chocolate Chip: liquor infused version of the original... can you imagine how good this one sounds?

All of the cookies are made with premium ingredients and no preservatives. They are always baked to order! All the testimonials o the website are great! I myself would like to say that I love cookies, but I don't really make them that well. These cookies were a delight to try! If only I could cook as well as Monique! What are you waiting for? Go online and order some cookies today! If you want to make them yourself, there's new products, cookie dough!!!


Disclosure: The reviews and or opinions on this blog are my own opinions . No monitory compensation was received. I was not required to write a positive review. Your experience may differ. The opinions I have expressed are my own I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commissions 16 CFR Part

No comments:

Post a Comment