Sunday, August 10, 2014

ProTings review

If you've been reading a lot of my posts, you'd know I've been trying to live a healthier lifestyle and protein is a HUGE part of it. I've been eating better and also trying to find snacks that I can still eat (because I have a thing for snacking). I actually found a snack that contains lots of protein and is very tasty. They are called Protings.

Two friends who both worked out were sitting on a couch one day thinking about why protein snacks don't exist. They were friends in college, and then moved to NYC together. Through the years they were always taken back to the fact that there aren't many snacks out there, or really any that contain lots of protein. They finally decided to work on that and with much experimentation in the kitchen and starting a business, in 2013 Protings launched.

Protings are
All Natural
Lots of Protein
Gluten Free


Just look at the nutrition facts. 15 grams of protein. 1 gram of sugar. Sodium is a little too high, but if you eat these in moderation, it's okay. The chips include: pea protein, flax seeds, and sunflower oil. I've been doing a lot of pea protein lately, so this is good for me.

Pea protein is said to be one of the most perfect proteins for human consumption. Its benefits over both animal and other vegetable proteins include: Ease of digestion Lack of allergens Ideal amino acids for sports

So there are three flavors, chili lime, bbq, and sea salt. My favorite so far is the chili lime. Let me tell you that when I took one bite, the chili spice went straight to my nose. I had to sit back for a moment before taking another bite. It was really good. The bag was gone in no time. I was in great need of protein that day too, and that bag did the trick. Chili Lime has been my go-to flavor this week. I have yet to try the other two, but they will be part of my lunch routine this week for sure. If you're looking for a great protein snack outside of protein shakes and protein bars, these Protings are for you! You can buy online, or see if they sell them near you.

Find them on facebook, twitter, and pinterest. Check them out today!

1 comment:

  1. The flavors all sound great! I think the chili lime would be my favorite too!

    ReplyDelete