Sunday, November 16, 2014

Exo Bar Review

The first thing you notice when you pick up an EXO bar is that it's made with Cricket Flour. The first thing you'll probably ask, is why Crickets? "Insects are exceptionally nutritious. They are high in protein and low in saturated fats and sugars. They are a complete protein, containing all the essential amino acids, and are also high in micronutrients such as iron, calcium and B-vitamins. Crickets, for example, contain substantially more iron than beef."
This pretty much sums it up. "At Exo, we believe that insects are one of the solutions to humanity’s protein dilemma. They are as natural to eat as fruits and vegetables and are a more complete form of protein than many livestock alternatives. Insects can provide us, ethically and sustainably, with the nutrients that our bodies require.

Anyways back to the protein bars.
Outside from knowing the bars are made with Crickets, they are quite good! I was sent Apple Cinnamon, Blueberry Vanilla and Peanut Butter and Jelly. I shared the Peanut Butter and Jelly and Blueberry Vanilla bar with some co-workers. I left the PB&J bar on my co-workers desk, and left a note that said "Peanut Butter and Jelly time!!". The bar actually tastes like your eating a Pb&J sandwich. It's really good and contains lots of protein which makes it even better. I also really enjoyed the Blueberry Almond bar. It tastes like your eating a Blueberry Vanilla cookie! There are 10grams of protein in that bar! Apple Cinnamon reminds me of the oatmeal I used to eat as a child. All really good!

At first I was a little hesitant about the crickets, but I put that aside and enjoyed each of the bars. Each of the bars are Gluten Free, No Soy, Grain Free, and Dairy Free.

I definitely recommend trying this new bar out! If you're still not sure because of the crickets, go to the website and read more about them. Everyone has different feelings about this, but there's nothing wrong with trying something different! I'm glad I took that chance! Follow them on facebook, twitter, and instagram.


Disclosure: The reviews and or opinions on this blog are my own opinions . No monitory compensation was received. I was not required to write a positive review. Your experience may differ. The opinions I have expressed are my own I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commissions 16 CFR Part

No comments:

Post a Comment